Do you still worry about being lost in the maze-like Beijing Hutong alleys while you are keen to pay a visit?
Are you still hassled by the confusion of finding the right place when you would desperately like to taste the traditional Chinese dumpling? Are you still asking everywhere where you can go around downtown Beijing during the day?
Our Beijing Hutong Bike was designed to satisfy all your curiosities without getting confused about the criss-cross alleys. You will be guided and bike in the narrow and appealing traditional alleys, passing by the famous ancient residence, and take a deep breath along the bank of Houhai lake, visiting the Confucius Temple. More importantly, you will take the advantage of tasting the Chinese dumpling at the famous restaurant - Mr. Shi’s Dumplings without being hassled to find it difficultly among the alleys.
We depart from our hostel (Beijing Downtown Backpackers Hostel) and head for Houhai lake by passing through Maoer Hutong. We will stop at the ancient residence of Wen Yu to take an outside view in Maoer. When we get to the lake of Houhai, the biking is along the bank and then we cross by Yinding Bridge.
The next stop will be an outside view of Prince Kung’s Mansion.
We come back to Yinding Bridge and get out of the the area by passing through the famous street - Yan Dai Xie Jie, and then you will enjoy an outside view of the Bell Tower and Drum Tower. After that, we head for the well-known Confucius Temple and Yonghegong Lama Temple.
After the visiting the two temples, we would likely go back along the same way to Mr. Shi’s Dumplings at Baochao Hutong for lunch. As the lunch is included in Beijing Hutong Bike Tour, you are privileged to choose a certain categories of dumpling in the menu.
Trip name: Half-day Hutong Bicycle tour around Houhai lake, Confucius Temple, and Yonghegong Lama Temple
Trip code: BKHUT-005307
Trip Type: Private & Group
Trip length: 4.5 hours
Meeting point and time: 09:00 a.m. at Downtown Backpackers Accommodation.
Finishing point and time: 13:30 at Downtown Backpackers Accommodation.
Physical rating: ★★☆☆☆
Departure: Every day (Please check the availability on the calendar.)
Remark: Please download our address and map from “Contact & Find Us” to know the detailed address of the meeting point.
1. GIANT brand-new bicycles;.
2. English-speaking biking tour guide;
3. Entrance ticket of Confucius Temple & Lama Temple;
4. Lunch (typical Chinese food);
5. One bottle of water.
Any other personal expenses;
What to take:
Wearing comfortable shoes pants for biking, extra water, sunscreen, sun-glasses, cap, any other personal things.
1. As this tour is rather flexible, you can decide your own starting time when there is only your group;
2. The alleys in Houhai is very crowded in the afternoon, please start no later than 10:00.
Why are we better?
1. Absolutely NO shopping stop;
2. Less crowded, more relaxed;
3. Recommended by Lonely Planet (China) at page 91, 13th Edition;
4. More than 50,000 previous visitors agree, we provide the best tours.
5. We are the FINAL OPERATOR of this tour. We organize and supervise the whole process of it. If you stay at some other hostels in the neighborhood and book the tour from them, they could be our clients and not the real tour operator, they could finally arrange you to different places as they likely plan because they normally have several supplying companies operating different tours.